Famously known as the Pukhraj in Hindi, Yellow Sapphire stone is a variety of mineral corundum that is characterized by its yellow color. It was the ancient persians to be among the first to value yellow sapphire stone and believed they had the power to protect against harm and evil. The Persians believed that the stone was associated with the sun and that wearing it would bring wealth, success, and happiness. It was believed to have protective qualities and thus worn by Greece and Rome to be shielded from harm. It was also believed that gemstone could cure diseases and ailments.
Yellow Sapphire Gemstone: Origin
The origin can be traced back to Sri Lanka, Madagascar, Tanzania, Australia, and Thailand. While Sri Lanka is known for producing some of the highest quality Sapphires. The gemstones are highly prized for their clarity, color, and brilliance. Madagascar is another important source of Yellow Sapphire Gemstone. The region produces gemstones that are generally larger in size than those found in Sri Lanka. Madagascar’s Yellow Sapphires have a distinct color that ranges from pale yellow to vivid orange-yellow.
Tanzania is also known for producing high-quality Yellow Sapphires stones, especially those from the Tunduru region. Australia and Thailand are also known for producing them although they are not well-known as the other regions. Overall, the origin of Yellow Sapphire crystal varies depending on the region, and each source has its own unique characteristics and qualities.
Certified Yellow Sapphire : Benefits
Yellow sapphire is a gemstone that is believed to have various benefits. Some of the benefits of yellow sapphire are:
- Enhances wisdom and knowledge: Yellow sapphire is believed to enhance wisdom and knowledge. It is said to improve one’s ability to make decisions, gain insight, and think creatively.
- Boosts prosperity: Yellow sapphire stone is said to attract wealth and prosperity. It is believed to increase financial stability and bring success in business ventures.
- Improves health: Yellow sapphire is thought to improve physical health by boosting the immune system, aiding digestion, and improving metabolism.
- Brings happiness and success: Yellow sapphire is believed to bring happiness, success, and good luck to its wearer. It is said to promote positive energy and help overcome obstacles.
- Enhances communication skills: Yellow sapphire is thought to enhance communication skills and promote healthy relationships. It is said to improve social skills and increase self-confidence.
- Promotes spiritual growth: Yellow sapphire is believed to promote spiritual growth and help connect one with their inner self. It is said to improve meditation practices and increase intuition.
Yellow Sapphire Price
The price depends on several factors such as its quality, color, clarity, cut, carat weight, and origin. In general, high-quality yellow sapphire price per carat can range from $100 to $3,000 or more.
Original Yellow Sapphire Quality Factors
- Color: The color is its most important factor in determining its value. The best quality sapphires have a pure yellow color with a slight tint of orange or green.
- Clarity: The clarity refers to the absence of inclusions in the stone. The best quality yellow sapphires are eye-clean, with no visible inclusions when viewed with the naked eye.
- Cut: The cut of a yellow sapphire refers to its proportions, symmetry, and finish. A well-cut yellow sapphire will have good light reflection and sparkle, making it more attractive and valuable.
- Carat weight: The carat weight of the yellow sapphire also affects its value. Larger gemstones are rarer and more valuable, but they must also have good color, clarity, and cut.
- Origin: The origin of the yellow sapphire can also affect its value. Sapphires from certain locations, such as Kashmir or Burma, are considered more valuable due to their rarity and reputation for quality. Additionally, kanakapushyaragam stone is considered among the most expensive sapphires in the world.
- Treatment: Finally, the treatment of the yellow sapphire can affect its value. Heat treatment is commonly used to improve the color and clarity of sapphires, but other treatments such as diffusion or irradiation can lower the value. It is important to disclose any treatments that a yellow sapphire has undergone to potential buyers.
Yellow Sapphire Conclusion
All in all, yellow sapphire stone is a gemstone that has been valued for over centuries. Whether you are looking for a piece of stone to add your collection, it is worth considering.