Europe offers a plethora of incredible destinations that are perfect for family vacations with kids. It is one of the dream destinations that everyone desires to visit in their vacations. You can also plan your trip with your kids to the best places in Europe.
But before that, ensure that you apply for the visa at the right time. As applying on the right time, submitting documents properly and meeting the visa requirements can only make you achieve your trip plans.
So submit all your supporting documents with the visa application and make a flight reservation for visa. While the “best” place can vary depending on individual preferences and interests, one destination that consistently ranks high for family-friendly experiences is:
Copenhagen, the capital city of Denmark, is renowned for its child-friendly atmosphere, engaging attractions, and overall safety. Here’s why it stands out as an excellent place to visit with kids:
- Tivoli Gardens: Tivoli Gardens is a world-famous amusement park and a must-visit attraction in Copenhagen. It combines beautifully landscaped gardens with thrilling rides, live performances, and enchanting fairy-tale settings. The park hosts a range of entertainment options suitable for kids of all ages, ensuring a memorable experience for the whole family.
- The Little Mermaid: Pay a visit to the iconic Little Mermaid statue, inspired by Hans Christian Andersen’s fairy tale. Kids will love the opportunity to see this beloved character up close and take memorable photos with her.
- Experimentarium: The Experimentarium is an interactive science museum that offers a hands-on learning experience for children. It features exhibits and activities designed to spark curiosity, engage young minds, and encourage exploration of various scientific concepts.
- Copenhagen Zoo: The Copenhagen Zoo is home to a diverse collection of animals from around the world. Kids can observe and learn about different species, including elephants, polar bears, lions, and penguins. The zoo also offers educational programs and interactive exhibits to enhance children’s understanding of wildlife conservation.
- National Aquarium Denmark, Den Blå Planet: Located near the airport, Den Blå Planet is Northern Europe’s largest aquarium. Kids will be captivated by the mesmerising underwater world, featuring fascinating marine life from various ecosystems. The aquarium offers educational shows, interactive displays, and the opportunity to touch sea creatures in designated areas.
- Parks and Outdoor Spaces: Copenhagen boasts numerous parks and open spaces where children can run, play, and enjoy the outdoors. Places like Fælledparken and Frederiksberg Have offer playgrounds, green areas for picnics, and opportunities for bike rides.
- Kid-Friendly Cafes and Restaurants: Copenhagen has a wide range of eateries that cater specifically to families with children. Many cafes and restaurants provide dedicated play areas, kid-friendly menus, and welcoming environments for families to enjoy meals together.
Additionally, Copenhagen has an excellent public transportation system, making it easy to navigate the city with kids. The city is known for its safety, cleanliness, and friendly atmosphere, making it an ideal destination for families.
Submission Of Documents For Schengen Visa Application With Kids
- Valid Passport and Copies: A valid passport is the first and foremost requirement for any visa application, including Schengen visas. Ensure each child has an individual passport, as group passports are generally unaccepted. Photocopies of the passport’s data page should be provided for each child as part of the application.
- Completed Application Form: Fill out the Schengen visa application form accurately and legibly for both the parent(s) and child(ren). Provide all the necessary personal details and information requested, ensuring the form is signed and dated.
- Proof of Parental Authority: When applying for a Schengen visa with minors, it is crucial to prove the parent’s or legal guardian’s authority. Include birth certificates, adoption papers, or court orders granting custody.
- Travel Itinerary: Include a detailed travel itinerary that outlines the intended dates and purpose of the visit, including accommodation arrangements.
Visa Supporting Documents
- Flight Reservation: Present a confirmed flight reservation for all family members, including children. This reservation should reflect the travel dates mentioned in the itinerary.
- Travel Health Insurance: Obtain comprehensive travel health insurance coverage for each family member, including children. The insurance should be valid for the trip and cover medical expenses, emergency medical evacuation, and repatriation. Ensure that the policy explicitly states coverage for all members, specifying their names and dates of birth.
- Proof of Accommodation: Provide accommodation letter for visa arrangements for the entire stay. This can include hotel reservations, rental agreements, or a letter of invitation from a host residing in one of the Schengen countries. The invitation letter should include the host’s contact information, the visit’s purpose, and accommodation confirmation.
- Financial Documentation: Demonstrate sufficient funds to cover the trip’s costs, including accommodation, meals, transportation, and other expenses. Depending on the financial circumstances, submit recent bank statements, salary slips, or sponsorship letters. If a parent is sponsoring the child’s trip, they should provide additional documents proving their financial ability to support the child during the journey.
When applying for a Schengen visa with children, thoroughly preparing and submitting the required documents are crucial for a successful application. Remember to provide valid passports, proof of parental authority, a completed application form, a detailed travel itinerary, flight reservations, travel health insurance, proof of accommodation, financial documentation, and consent for medical treatment.