House rewiring is one of the most vital things people should do if they live in an old house. Even if there’re no issues happen so far with your electrical system, you still should consider rewiring. Mobile phones, TVs, computers and household appliances require energy to run. But in a world of innovative and exciting gadgets, it’s a must to rewire your home with a proficient residential electrician in Sydney. If the wiring in your house is way too old, it can lead to several electric hazards and fires. As per the 2022 reports, there’re more than 17,000 residential fire incidents in Australia where 11% of them are linked to electrical matters. While rewiring houses can help prevent them.
So, how can you understand if you should consider rewiring your house? Well, there’re signs that you need to see. Let’s take a look at the following blog and learn tips from experts.
7 major signs indicating that you should think about rewiring your house
Warning signs come in all sizes and shapes. But most of us ignore them thinking that they’re nothing. Well, as per the best residential electrician in Sydney, you should never ignore the below signs and consider rewiring your house,
1. Your house’s electrical system is more than older than 25 years old.
• If your house is older than 25 years and not updated, you should take a closer look at your wiring system. The old wiring system doesn’t meet modern codes and hence, is outdated.
• Old wiring systems can’t also support the larger appliances and household demands. Thus, if you aren’t sure whether you’ve updated the wiring or not, you should redo it as per the best residential electrician in Sydney.
2. Your house’s wiring system is made of aluminium.
• If your house’s wiring is made of aluminium, you must think of rewiring your house.
• As per the best residential electrician in Sydney, aluminium wiring is pale compared to modern copper wiring. So, it’s vulnerable to sparking and arcing. Hence, you should rewire if the wiring is made of aluminium.
3. Your house’s sockets and/or batteries transmit an unpleasant smell.
• If the sockets and/or batteries in your house emit an unpleasant smell, you should never ignore it.
4. Your house’s electricity bill is higher than the normal range.
• Better house wiring means lower bills. So, if your electricity bill is higher than the normal range, you should consider rewiring your house.
• As per the best residential electrician in Sydney, if the manufacturing is faultless and the material is of high quality, there’ll be less wastage due to resistance.
5. There’re lots of warning signs around your house.
• If you find flickering lights in your home, you must rewire your home by a pro residential electrician in Sydney.
• If the circuit breaker of your house trips frequently, it’s time to rewire your house.
• If you hear a buzzing sound coming from your power outlets, you should think of rewiring your house.
• If you notice electrical sparks or shocks when you plug devices into your sockets, you must think of rewiring your house.
• If you find damaged or exposed wires across your house, you should rewire your home.
6. Almost all lights in your house are dim or not too bright.
• If most of the lights in your house are dim, that can be due to poor quality of wiring.
• If you find your neighbours’ houses are better lit than yours, you should check the wiring of your place as per the best residential electrician in Sydney.
7. Your house has tube wiring and knobs.
• If you live in an old house, your electrical system may come with knobs and tube wiring. Well, these issues with your system can make your house vulnerable to shocks and fires. Thus, rewiring your house is a must as per the best residential electrician in Sydney.
Can’t understand if you should rewire your house or not? Having your electrical system checked by a professional residential electrician in Sydney can help. We hope this blog can help.
Author Bio: … is a proficient residential electrician in Sydney. For years, he’s helped many people to resolve their electrical matters. Also, he’s written many articles and blogs on the same.