When showing the average costs of IVF treatments above, we have taken into account in-house egg treatment consisting of egg retrieval, egg insemination using the ICSI method, development of the embryo to the blastocyst stage, and embryo transfer. Please note that this does not include the cost of hormonal stimulation medications which can cost approximately 1,0000 – 1,5000, as well as additional procedures that may be performed in an embryology laboratory to increase the chances of a successful pregnancy.
For egg donation programs, the costs include the donor eggs, including the hormonal stimulation medication for the donor, ICSI insemination of the egg, the development of the embryo to the blastocyst stage and embryo transfer.
What are additional IVF costs to keep in mind?
Whatever the qualifying costs and whatever additional laboratory work you choose, there is another element to consider when calculating the IVF Cost in Pakistan: frozen embryo transfer. Why? If your IVF treatment fails, but additional embryos have been created and frozen, you have the option of using them in a future cycle attempt. This allows you to skip starting a completely new IVF program, saving you time and money. However, it should be noted that clinics do not usually include the cost of frozen embryo transfers in their overall costs. IVF programs also carry the risk of stopping at the embryo transfer stage, if medical reasons prevent successful implantation or if the recipient’s uterus is not properly prepared to receive the embryo. In that case, all your embryos will be frozen while the transfer is rescheduled – which means you will receive a frozen embryo transfer, which will incur additional costs.
What is polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)?
In women with PCOS Specialist in Lahore, more fluid sacs or small egg sacs than normal grow in the ovaries. These blisters also do not grow properly, which means there is no ovulation.
With PCOS there are many small blisters in the ovaries. These egg sacs often do not grow and mature properly. This is because the level of FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) is too low to stimulate ovarian growth. And the levels of LH (luteinizing hormone) and the male hormone testosterone are usually too high. This means there is no ovulation. This means there is a chance that someone will be less fertile.
4 types of PCOS
Although the symptoms differ per woman, we often see 4 main types of PCOS:
- Type 1: too many male hormones in the blood, no or few ovulations, many ovarian sacs in the ovaries visible on the ultrasound
- Type 2: few ovulations, many ovarian sacs in the ovaries visible on the ultrasound
- Type 3: too many male hormones in the blood, little or no ovulation
- Type 4: too many male hormones in the blood, many ovarian sacs in the ovaries visible on the ultrasound
What to check in the costs of egg donation programs:
- if the first consultation is included in the price
- if medications needed by a donor are included in the price (often the cost of medications is excluded from the main price; check this)
- if your medication is included in the IVF costs (these costs are rarely included in the basic costs)
- if ICSI is included in the treatment price (each IVF clinic has its own policy, so ask about this)
- if freezing and monitoring of embryos is included
- if sperm freezing costs are included
- if blastocyst transfer is included in the price
Failed IVF cycle
IVF failure is the worst-case scenario to consider. You may find yourself in a situation where you have spent your money and the treatment has not been successful. Some Best IVF Center in Pakistan offer refunds and then you can continue your infertility treatment with the money you get back. But it all depends on which treatment plan is chosen by you. It’s always worth having a backup plan and don’t forget to ask the fertility clinic about their refund policy before ultimately choosing that center.
What to check for the costs of IVF treatments:
- if consultation is included
- if testing and screening of male and female diseases are included
- as tranquilizers are included in the basic costs
- if ICSI is included
- if embryo monitoring and freezing are included
- if blastocyst transfer is included
- as medication for the recipient and the donor is included
- if sperm freezing is included
Recommended Article: Top 15 Ideas to Sell Feets Pics on Internet